Tuesday, March 22, 2011

BLOG 4

The Single Bullet Theory or as many are familiar with the name “Magic Bullet Theory” was a solution created by the Warren Commission during there investigation of the John F Kennedy assassination on November 22nd, 1963. According to the magic bullet theory, a 3cm long copper 6.5mm rifle bullet was shot from the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository went through President Kennedy’s neck and Governor Connally’s chest and wrist and embedded itself in the Connally’s thigh. A bullet was later found on a stretcher at Parkland Memorial Hospital which became the key piece of evidence for the assassination.
This is where the theory begins. The Warren Commission came to the conclusion that the bullet travelled through 15 layers of clothing, 7 layers of skin, and approximately 15in of tissue, struck a tie knot, removed 4 inches of rib, and shattered a radius bone. The copper jacket of the bullet found at the hospital remained intact while the tip of the bullet appearred normal and the end was compressed on one side.
The illusion that was portrayed in this theory is that one bullet killed President Kennedy and wounded Govenor Connally. The only known video of the assassination supports the theory because of the timing between frames. As each frame was carefully analyzed there wasn’t enough time to get off two precise shots in less than 2.3 seconds between frames 210 thru 225 of Zapruder’s film.

2 comments:

  1. I think that your summary about The Single Bullet Theory is pretty good I like how you gives such good datails. I also personally like that story in which we still undering what really happened like who killed the president Kennedy. Keep it going and good luck in ENG 101

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, My name is Stephany from Vassileiou's Eng 099 class here at Laguardia. I want to thank you for reading my summary and giving me advice on how to make it more clearer. I will return the favor and do the same.

    As I finished reading Blog #4 on your page, I have to say I was very interested in this passage, you gave enough information to let me know what you were writing about. In your last paragraph, however, I was a little bit lost as i thought you were going to keep writing. I would have put "The illusion that was portayed in the theory..." at the end of your blog. It would have justified the ending to what you have written.

    ReplyDelete