Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Candyman, White is right, prison system, war, college
-------------------------
>Tooth Fairy - Suddenly I stopped getting money for my 20+ teeth that fell out.
>Easter Bunny - just one of those things that was related to Easter that for a while I believed.
>Santa Claus - When I was 4 I went with my parents to shop for my own gifts.
>Candy Man - Candy Man was a horror movie where the main character appears when repeated 3 times in the mirror in the dark. My brothers forced me to say it and when he didn't appear i stopped believing it.
>White is Right - For a while through-out my early childhood I believed that white people were superior because I would only see them in my neighborhood as higher authority figures like police or teachers
>Prison system - I use to believe that all bad people should go to jail forever
now i know that most people who are sentenced to jail get way to many years for little things like carrying weed than for actual murders.
>War - I use to think War was good because it kept us safe but now I know all it does is make another country miserable and also affects our economy.
>College - I use to think a college degree will get you a great job that pays a lot.
Now I know that a Associates Degree is the equivalent of a HS diploma.
Carlos, the "White is Right" comment sees really good reflection that goes beyond the typical lists of santa claus and childhood myths. These are the kinds of things that build an ideology, or in Plato's terms a cave.
ReplyDelete