Looking back at some of the content of this course some of the interesting concepts we have touched on in class has been the Mythology in the Matrix, The Allegory of the Cave and invention techniques like the brain storming or creating the list of 10 ideas followed by another 10 to help us think outside of the box when trying to decide on a thesis to avoid the most common topics.
We touched on the allegory of the cave for a long time and even though it was short there was a whole lot to dissect. The concepts were also used a lot when we watched the film The Matrix that helped me understand some of the scenes with Morpheus and throughout the film.
In this course I will like to understand the play “Oedipus the King” better because the language used like the riddles confused me prior to the professor explaining them. Unfortunately I wasn’t here when the Documenting sources and MLA documentation style was covered so I would like to also get a briefing on the two concepts as well.
As a writer I still consider myself pretty bad but taking this course has helped me understand what I have done wrong in the past and present. Hopefully I am showing some improvement but I still find myself stuck elaborating on some of the concepts like mythology, which I have little knowledge or interest in. I find it overwhelming when I have to write 600 words on these concepts because unlike some people I can’t bullshit a whole paper. I guess I follow that quality over quantity concept.
This course has also helped me realize how poor my grammar is. On the matrix essay, Professor had another class comment on the essay and one of the students stressed that point also in Wednesdays English 103 class I seen some poor introduction techniques not to follow, like asking a question as part of the intro.
Using the blog in this class has helped me because I don’t feel as pressured to complete the assignment in the short time provided. I feel like if I couldn’t think in class I could use the helpful confines of my dark bedroom to help me out. The blog also has made me a little lazy because I don’t always follow the essay format commas and periods are secondary.
My strongest piece which I didn’t fully complete was on illusion. How I used a situation from human history and I explained the illusion. The JFK Single Bullet Theory was an illusion believed by many but was revealed impossible because of the extensive research by the Warren Commission. I believe it was my strongest work because it was the kind of work I was most use to in high school because it required mostly research to write the paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment